Sole traders

You are classed as a self-employed sole trader as soon as you start working for yourself – even if you have not told HMRC.

As a sole trader you run your business as an individual although you can employ staff. You can keep all the business’ profits after you have paid tax on them but you are also personally responsible for any losses that your business makes.

As a sole trader you must:

At Brash & Co we can:

  • Register you as self employed
  • Advise on a suitable bookkeeping package to assist you with maintaining your records
  • Prepare your accounts
  • Complete your self assessment tax return
  • Computation of your tax liability
  • Register your business for VAT and help complete and file your VAT returns

Require more information?

If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01704 551889. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.

Home | Contact us | Site map | Accessibility | Disclaimer | Help | powered by totalSOLUTION

Brash & Co Accountants Ltd

Head office: Birkdale Business Centre, Weld Parade, Southport, Merseyside, PR8 2DT. Telephone 01704 551889
Southern office: Unit 93 Trident Court, 1 Oakcroft Road, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 1BD. Telephone 0203 475 3944

Registered in England & Wales. Company number: 06781340

© 2019 Brash & Co Accountants Ltd. All rights reserved. We use cookies on this website, you can find more information about cookies here.